Autumn Layers | Anthropologie, Free People + Block Shop Textiles

Autumn Layers | Anthropologie, Free People + Block Shop Textiles - offbeat + inspired

If I have any say in this at all — fall has arrived. It’s decided! This morning, I woke up at 6AM and it was perfectly chilly outside. My sisters and I had plans. We were going to eat spiced pancakes, drink hot coffee and watch the pilot episode of Gilmore Girls while the sun came up. We did, and it was wonderful.

Watching Gilmore Girls marks the beginning of our favorite season. It’s tradition — the epitome of cozy. Not to mention, Stars Hollow reminds us of Lexington through and through. So this year in particular, as it’s my first official summer/autumn transition while living in New-England-esque downtown, I’d been bursting to experience a brisk Saturday morning all layered up at the farmers market.

My favorite pieces here (the ones I’ll be wearing over and over this season) are the Vegan Leather Bomber from Anthropologie, the Washed Denim Overalls in “Eclipse” from Free People, and the Mosaic | Marigold & Black Scarf from Block Shop Textiles.

The overalls are so cozy and they fit so well. I’ve tried on a few different styles over the last few months and these are the only ones that have fit me right. I love them because they’re slim in the leg without being tight, and the back sits nicely just above the tush, which I find much more flattering than the ones with a panel running all the way up the back.

After the farmers market, we went straight to Evans Orchard & Cider Mill. I was determined to not miss the good apples this year! It was all about the Jonagolds.

Anthro’s bomber jacket is wonderful. I love the material. It’s soft, but not flimsy — and it has great openwork details in addition to a front zip, side pockets and a snap collar. It also has a stretchy knit panel on the lower back, which I really like because it cinches the waist for a more flattering fit.

Block Shop Textiles has the most beautiful block printed scarves I’ve ever seen. The patterns are stunning and I just love the story and mission that drives this company. It’s owned by two sisters who work with a co-op of artisans in Rajasthan. They hand-block-print each scarf with natural dyes, the same way they’ve been doing it for the last 350 years. A portion of the proceeds from every scarf sold goes back to this community. Definitely check out their site to find out more.

The day was breezy and perfect. I can’t believe how quickly summer passed.

But I’m so ready for autumn.

Now…what to bake with these beauties…

Do you have a tradition to officially welcome fall? I would love to hear all about it! Let’s discuss in the comments below!

Other Outfit Credits

Glasslands Crossbody Bag from Kelsi Dagger
Tissue Crossback Tee from Bella Luxx Los Angeles
Sabrina Tiered Pendant in “Brass” from Free People

Comments

1. I woke up this morning SO ready to put on an autumnal coat, but it just wasn’t chilly enough yet AHH!! Your morning sounds so amazing–I hope you don’t mind if I adopt that ritual too! (those are literally my favorite things: the smell of spices wafting through the air, hot drinks keeping me warm, setting them down on the table with a hearty clunk, GILMORE GIRLS) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Awww hoping it gets chilly enough for you soon!! I love jacket weather! And please do adopt this ritual. It is just the MOST wonderful thing. You described it perfectly! 😀

2. Love the whole outfit, but especially the overalls! I was wondering how you found the sizing to run?

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Thank you so much! I find the sizing to run a TAD large, but the overalls are much more comfortable a little loose. I would say go with your normal sizing for sure! 🙂

3. Kellie Golden says:

My sisters and I call it “Falliday.” I make a big batch of apple pumpkin butter, we watch You’ve Got Mail (“don’t you just love New York in the fall? Makes me want to buy school supplies”), we make maple cupcakes and some sort of heart soup. We get all cozy and go on an autumn walk or hike. It’s perfect.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

I love that SO much. I actually read your comment to my sisters as we were doing a recent 6AM Gilmore Girls session and we have decided to completely copy you and your sisters. Thank you so much for sharing!! 😀

4. happy fall! i totally appreciate your enthusiasm for the season and i love that you and your sisters have made a tradition out of it. my twin sister & i are the same so it’s just made my heart smile to read that.
    your outfits is SO SO fabulous, i love everything about it. and girl, you wear it well!! hope you continue to enjoy the weather and this fantastic time of year.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Happy Fall! 😀 Thank you so much!! You’re so sweet!! I’m SO glad to hear that there are other sweet sisters out there enjoying this time of year with a little Gilmore Girls! 🙂

5. I like your outfit! And the photos in the orchard are beautiful!

6. It is so amazing to find your blog via Free People today! I’ve been following along on Instagram for a while but I’m the biggest slacker when it comes to actually looking up my favorite ‘grammers sites. It’s so funny… my sister and I have the exact same first-day-of-fall routine! Right down to tee/coffee and Gilmore Girls. I usually rewatch the series (OMG that sounds intense but I like to have it on for background noise while I work from home) during Fall/Winter. We grew up with the show and it feels like home to me (even named our daughter Lorelai). I LOVE that you’re in Lexington as well. I moved to Huntsville, AL last year and am loving the south.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Aww thank you so much!! I’m so glad you found the blog on FP!! I’m so glad you have the same fall routine. It’s so comforting to know that other people are enjoying such a cozy ritual too!! And I absolutely have Gilmore on in the background while I’m working. It’s just the perfect addition to a work-at-home day!! 😀 Also, yay Lexington and the south!!

7. I love all your instapics and just put two and two together from the free people blog! Thanks so much for sharing. I am obsessed with your hair in these photos! Is the wave natural or did you do something to get it? Keep up the inspiring work.

8. So I discovered your site through your Instagram, which is one of my new favorite instagram accounts! I’m enjoying the range of topics on here – they are very much my style. Especially this post! I always get excited about fall layers, and this outfit is perfect. And DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED on Gilmore Girls. Right now I’m almost down watching it with my husband, his first time and my 8th time (?) watching the show. If Lexington is truly like Stars Hollow, then I need to get my ass there ASAP.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Aww yay! Thank you so much! I’m so glad Insta brought you here and that you’ve been enjoying the content!! I have so much fun sharing, so that makes my day! 😀 And yes. Gilmore Girls is in full swing for us and I don’t even know how many times we’ve watched the series through at this point. It’s SO GOOD!! 😀 If you ever do get a chance to see Lexington, TAKE IT! You’ll fall in love!!

9. GORGEOUS !
    M♥
    Simply Sutter

10. It made me so happy when I read that you and your sisters are Gilmore fans!! My sisters and I have been obsessed with the show since it aired, and we ALWAYS start the series over in the fall once it gets cold and crunchy outside ☺️ We forbid ourselves to experience things like fall-themed movies, big cozy sweaters, spice-scented candles, and hot chocolate untill ithe weather actually FEELS like fall!!

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Aww yayy! I’m so glad to hear that. We adore that show. Just had another Gilmore morning at 7AM today! 😀

11. Beautiful photo, especially the photos in the garden. I really like this style, active and cool. Thank you for sharing!

12. I read some articles on this site and I think your blog is really interesting and has great information. Thank you for your sharing.

Trackbacks

1. […] cold and burning hot in a single day, so I’m at a loss as to what to wear. All I want is to layer up! Meanwhile I’ll content myself with building forts for cozy mornings like […]

2. […] sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, […]