Lexington Love | National Boulangerie & Patisserie

Lexington Love | National Boulangerie & Patisserie - offbeat + inspired

There’s a new cafe in town! National Boulangerie & Patisserie opened their doors on the corner of National and Walton yesterday, just outside downtown Lexington (KY). I’ve been very eagerly awaiting this opening for months because the owners, Krim Boughalem and Andrea Sims, also own/owned two of my absolute favorite local food spots: Wine + Market (now owned by Renee and Seth Brewer, who also own the wine and tapas bar, Enoteca) and Table 310. Table 310 has been a frequent stop for me with their outstanding seasonal menus, weekend brunches, killer cocktails and delicious French-inspired coffee bowls. The atmosphere and service consistently match the exceptional quality of the food and drink. And I have to say, National is going to continue Krim and Andrea’s tradition of knocking it out of the park with their must-visit Lexington eateries.

When I first walked in, I was overwhelmed by the stunning interior. Andrea designed the space beautifully. With French music playing in the background, tall racks chock full of freshly baked breads and pastry cases bursting with house-made treats, I didn’t know whether to drool, faint, or be normal and order something. (I ordered something. Two words: fresh croissants.)

The main room is gorgeous, but just past the marble counters you can catch a glimpse of the charming bakery kitchen and a smaller sitting room with a more industrial feel. There’s a long table next to a big window and lovely racks of jam, tea and coffee to stare at while you daydream. This would be a great little area to set up camp with a laptop and a cappuccino.

I’ve never been to France, let alone Paris…but I’m pretty sure after spending an hour at this beautiful boulangerie and patisserie, I know a little more about what it’s like. Thank you, Krim and Andrea for bringing such a gem to my favorite town! Consider me a regular.

Like National Boulangerie on Facebook!

*When National launches a website and other social media, I’ll be updating this post with links here, so check back!*

Lexington Love | Provisions Boulangerie & Patisserie - offbeat + inspired

Lexington Love | National Boulangerie & Patisserie - offbeat + inspired

Comments

1. Debbie says:

Oh how exciting….Tiffany, the interior is gorgeous. I love a relaxing
    places like that to sit back and enjoy that cup of cappuccino ;)
    There is nothing like freshly baked bread, I bet the place smells
    amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

It smells *SO* good in there. Between the breads, pastries, coffee and quiche. Oh my word. If you’re ever in Lexington, you must go!

2. Jana says:

Holy amazing!!!! Ok…..Lexington might be hard to leave once we visit.

3. A says:

I love these photos! The treatment of them even feels French. :)

4. Peggy says:

OH Tiffany, I almost cried when I saw your pictures on IG yesterday and even more so today! I have been to Paris (and Normandie and Bretagne) and lived in the Bavarian region of Germany as a child. It reminds me of home… yes I am a bit homesick right about now. (even though i was an american raised in Europe by American parents, there are times when Europe feels more like home to me… few can understand it and I can’t always explain it as i love my native country but somehow it feels like home!) Here is a place that I could sit for hours, watching people, enjoying the company of others.
    (is Krim French? his demeanor and dress style reflect a style not typically seen here.) Thank you for sharing! Now I have to figure out a trip to Lexington as it is not within my normal stomping grounds (we live in Indiana, haha!)

Have a truly wonderful day! Now I am off to bake and decorate!!

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Oh thank you so much!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the pictures! One of my dreams is to visit Europe, I hear all these dreamy, amazing things and it’s about time I see it for myself! It makes total sense that you’d feel homesick for the place you grew up. You would absolutely love this boulangerie. :)
      Krim is French! I love that there’s a solid French community here in Lexington. Four (that I know of) of the great restaurants/bakeries in town are owned by French people! They’re so sweet, always stylish, and the food is always amazing. :D

5. beautiful photos. can’t wait to visit.

6. Kathy Jones says:

So excited! Everything that Krim and Andrea undertake brings a cool vibe to town!

7. AP says:

Hi! Love your blog. Keep up the good work. Can you tell me what VSCO presents you edit with or how you process your photos? I love your images.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Thank you so much! I didn’t use any VSCO presets on these, I like to mess with curves in the Camera Raw plugin! I’ve been messing with Lightroom a bit lately too, but most of my editing is done in CR! :)

8. Lauren says:

I am interested to know who the photographer was for this write -up. We have also been waiting patiently for the patisserie to open as I live and work just around the corner. Thanks for such a wonderful peak inside. I hope to visit tomorrow. lauren

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

I took all the pictures! Where do you work?? I LOVE the location of the boulangerie because I drive past it every day on my way downtown from Hamburg! Thanks so much for reading and I’m so glad you liked the photography! :)

9. Angela says:

I am swooning -just over the pics- Thank you David Hungerford for the heads up- missing France – see you soon!

10. Amanda says:

Becca is the pastry chef at National and is AMAZING! I highly recommend the salted caramel bourbon nut tarts, chocolate ganache cakes, macarons, cookies, etc. And the quiche are all amazing. They go great with the coffee served in bowls with quaint little pots and little cream filled beakers. From the atmosphere to the delicious treats it is DEFINITELY worth a visit. I can’t wait for the next phases…………

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I’m definitely going to knock those out over the next few weeks (HA!!!!!! Who am I kidding? Days.) I can’t wait for what’s coming! Oh my word, it’s going to be fantastic.

11. Oh Hey Jude says:

Tried it today! Fantastic! The quiche lorraine is amazing, scrumptious macaroons, and I had no idea true éclairs could be that good.

12. james jones says:

Nice write up but no address!!!
    stumbled across this place one rainy morning and cant find it again:(

13. Mike Seaman says:

My brother Scott and his wife are meeting myself and my wife in Ky to take the Wild Turkey Bourbon Tour this coming Saturday and after the tour we have been told by friends that have eaten there/here IT IS FANTASTIC. So with that said THE FOUR OF US WILL SEE YOU 28 JUNE after the tour
    Mike “SEADOG” Seaman

Trackbacks

1. [...] pain au chocolat and it was fabulous – everything else looks terrific as well.  This blog, OffbeatandInspired.com, will give you great [...]

2. [...] of their crazy talented crew have outdone themselves yet again. National Provisions launched with the Boulangerie, and now there’s a Beer Hall. In typical Krim & Andrea fashion, the place is flawless. [...]