I’m absolutely loving the warmer weather that has finally hit KY. I’ve been dreaming of cherry blossoms, hiking, night walks, picnics, cook-outs and every other magical spring activity since, well… New years. And although I’ve been teased for the last month with hints of my favorite season, the trees actually started blooming about 3 days ago, so I took that as my cue! It’s time for a spring essentials round up!
I gathered a bunch of my most used items and I’m so excited to share them with you! I would say that everything on this list is a must-have to get you through the warming up, hair frizzing, pre-bathing-suiting, farmer’s market going, sweet smelling days of spring. Let’s dig in!
(looping clockwise from the top left)
1. Lavanila Deodorant in “Vanilla Passion Fruit” (shown) and “Vanilla Grapefruit” – I LOVE this deodorant. Let me count the ways: it goes on sheer, it’s aluminum, pthalate, paraben, triclosan and propylene glycol free, it’s moisturizing, it smells DELICIOUS, and it’s the only “healthy” deodorant I’ve tried (and I have tried many) that has actually kept me smelling good all day long. It’s a whopping $18 a stick, which is the only downside — but if you’re trying to go natural and haven’t had any luck preventing stinkage with other products, this will be your life saver. Want it: LAVANILA Deodorant in “Vanilla Grapefruit” (another favorite scent that I just ran out of!)
2. L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara in “Black” – I’m not super loyal when it comes to mascara. I’m always switching brands and even when I find one I like, I end up indifferent and then move on to something new. However, I may soon be parting with my commitment-phobic ways because this is hands down the BEST mascara I’ve ever used. The applicator brush is really skinny and the bristles are sort of soft and rubbery which, at first glance, had me skeptical. But it’s genius! The tube is designed to completely de-clump the applicator while you’re pulling the wand out, so there’s a perfect amount of product on the bristles when you apply it, and it leaves your lashes perfectly combed through, long, coated and separated. Holy grail mascara right here, and completely affordable! Want it: L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara in “Black”
3. Scunci Jaw Clips – I bring a couple of these with me everywhere. I clip them onto my purse strap, and if it gets hot out, or my hair decides to betray me and frizz to oblivion halfway through the day, I can clip it back in 5 seconds. I prefer these over hair elastics because the elastics cause major dents and these don’t. You want to be able to let your hair down again without that dreaded ponytail crease! Want them: Scunci Jaw Clips
4. Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm from The Body Shop – This smells delicious! I love it for a little gloss, moisturization and a semi-sheer pop of pink! Want it: Born Lippy Strawberry Lip Balm
5. Rifle Paper Co. Citrus Floral Shopping Pad – This is an absolute essential for spring. Just looking at it makes me want to eat healthier and take regular trips to the farmer’s market. The pad itself is very high quality and sticks firmly to the fridge with a magnet strip, and it’s a really convenient way to keep your weekly meals and grocery lists organized. Organization rules! Want it: Citrus Floral Shopping Pad
6. Garnier BB Cream – I’ve been testing out BB creams for a while now, and while some smelled great, and some were light and comfortable to wear, none that I tried delivered the miracle all-in-one face solution I was looking for. For me, a BB cream is something I’d like to wear for an on-the-go look when I don’t have time to do a full face. I want some coverage, definitely some toning, some moisturization, and I want the product to feel natural and light. The Garnier BB Cream is the only one that has truly delivered. Bonus — it smells AWESOME. If I’m breaking out or have some extra redness, I’ll touch up with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. Want it: Garnier BB Cream
7. L’Oreal Multi-Restorative Dry Oil – This is my go-to love-of-life product for quick hair styling. Most days I have zero time to curl, straighten, blow-dry or even headband-curl — so what I’ve been doing is brushing my hair out (gently) in the shower while rinsing out my conditioner, then spritzing this dry oil on my damp hair and letting it air dry. Most of my frizz is completely tamed with this product. I LOVE it. It defines my waves and creates a total beach look without ANY stiffness or grease. I’m on my second bottle! Want it: L’Oreal Multi-Restorative Oil
8. Giles & Brother Gold Leather Bit Cuff – I adore this bracelet. It’s so simple and sturdy, it matches everything and it’s comfortable! I got mine from JewelMint a little while back, but unfortunately they sold out. There’s another color available on eBay, but a neutral, comfortable, easy to match cuff or bracelet should definitely be on the spring essentials list! Want similar: Giles & Brother Rose Gold Leather Bit Cuff for JewelMint
9. Africology Anti-Reactive Tonic Spray – I love healthy face spritzes in warm weather to cool down, freshen up and rejuvenate. The tonic spray from Africology has been a favorite for over a year now. It’s packed with essential oils, it smells wonderful (very earthy and natural), and leaves your skin looking bright and moisturized. It’s great to have it on you at all times, so try pouring some into a travel spray bottle and keep it in your purse! Another face spray I love is Mac Fix+. It’s lacking in the natural department, but it’s cheaper, very refreshing and smells great. Want it: Africology Anti-Reactive Tonic Spray
10. Raw Almonds – I’m sure this goes without saying, but almonds are a perfect healthy snack. They’re filling, packed with protein, and a serving of 24 nuts is only about 160 calories. 24 may not seem like a lot, but I’m usually satisfied at about 15-20. Make a few individual serving baggies and keep one in your purse at all times! Your snacking habits will be MUCH healthier this spring! Want it: Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
11. Essie Nail Polish in “hip-anema” – Nails are one of the biggest accessories right now, and a bright coral-red should be in every girl’s nail polish collection. This one is a must have! I love the 3-free creme formula, and you only need about 2 coats for a lasting mani! Want it: Essie “Hip-Anema”
I hope you enjoyed the round up! Which of these products will you try out? What are some of your spring essentials? I LOVE recommendations, so please share in the comments below!