Feels Like Spring

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

I had to make this post today because last weekend was the first consistently beautiful weekend we’ve had here since fall. Of course, when I woke up this morning there was a blizzard underway, but I’m willing to ignore it in honor of the 60 degree weather we’re supposed to have starting tomorrow!

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

Last Sunday, hubs, sister, Randy and James (from FindersKeepers Market) and I headed out to Jeffersonville, KY for a day with our friend Kay and her husband Dan. They have gorgeous land out there and this was the first time I was seeing it!

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

We gathered at the house for a large (and delicious) late lunch, and then took the room-by-room tour. Afterwards, we ventured outside to admire the huge property. In Kentucky, I’m learning that the best way to admire large property is from the back of a Gator.

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

Sister and I hopped in (this was my first time on a Gator… I didn’t even know what a Gator was — part of me still doesn’t), and Dan drove us through the woods, over the streams, into the fields, up hills, past the lake, and out to their awesome barn.

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

Bouncing through the woods in that thing was tremendous. We were laughing loud, thoroughly enjoying the warm spring breeze, and shouting over the noise of the engine about how this was the best day ever.

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

I loved this whole back porch area.

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

This picnic shelter was built in their yard right next to the man-made lake. I picture strings of lights and a pretty table setting for a nighttime summer feast!

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

These steps lead to a little gazebo on the roof of the shelter. SO awesome.

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

View from the rooftop gazebo…

Feels Like Spring - offbeat + inspired

The colorful “chairs” are actually a bunch of reclaimed tractor seats attached to tree stumps. How genius is that??

So how about you? What hints of spring are you enjoying most right now?

If you want more spring inspiration, check out some of our recent posts: A recipe for Fennel and Zucchini Soup, some pretty spring nail polish trends, a delicious recipe for Lemon Apple Mug Pie, and a little spring fashion!

Comments

1. Jacque says:

HA I love your shoes! Oh yeah and we have two Gator’s here at the Nursery I work at … they are FUN!

2. How beautiful! I love living in Kentucky :)

3. SUCH amazing photos … I feel like I was right there with you!

4. Ann says:

Adore the turquoise loafers! Loved seeing these images of spring especially when the snow is flying wildly outside my window. Stunning photography as always!

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Thank you! They’re by Bed Stu – my FAVORITE comfy flats that I’ll allow to get dirty haha! The snow was flying this morning, I have no idea what that was all about!! Thanks so much! :)

5. Gwen says:

Certainly ready for Spring! Beautiful photos and a really fun post to read!

6. Laura Beth says:

What gorgeous photos! I love the angle on the tree photo :o ) Oh, and your shoes. Love.

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

Thank you!! I nearly fell over taking that tree picture haha! If only I’d gotten another shot as I was tipping. :P

7. My boys are obsessed with Gators! I love the pictures, gorgeous! Thank goodness Spring is finally here!

• Tiffany | offbeat + inspired says:

I am now also obsessed with Gators. It was absolutely hilarious taking a ride on that thing! I am determined to will this 60 degree weather into reality!! :)

8. Vanessa says:

I love it when I can start wearing flats and sandals! Lovely pictures from a lovely day!

9. Wasn’t it a beautiful weekend??? First, love the shoes!!! Now it needs to get back to the warmer temps!

10. This looked like so much fun! The back of a gator IS the only way to see large pieces of property!

11. Sofia says:

Your blog is amazing!!! photos are so beautiful! you should be proud!!

very inspiring!!

please check out my blog <3

lifefashionthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

Trackbacks

1. [...] we’ve been officially released from the greedy clutches of this frigid weather. I THINK! Last time I said that, I went to bed dreaming of summer picnics and woke up amidst the world’s most random [...]